Basketball

Basketball

Disclaimer

There will be a lot of rules being quoted in these blog posts but feel free to skip down to my thoughts if your head starts to hurt!

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Welcome to Learning the Rules of Basketball.

Have you ever watched a basketball game and thought to yourself (or out loud), “What is the ref watching” or “What was that call?” Then this blog is just the thing for you.

My name is Chris Asdourian and I am a PIAA (Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association) basketball official who has been refereeing for six years. I intend to use my knowledge of the game to help shed light on some basketball rules that fans of the game tend to not know.

This blog can also be used for people who are just getting to know the game of basketball. Some rules that will be discussed will be the traveling violation, three seconds in the lane, different types of fouls, and plenty more.
 
Feedback and comments are something that will help this process, so if you have a specific rules’ question leave it in the comments and I will try to answer it.


No comments:

Post a Comment